Apple Warranty Status in 5 Easy Steps
Have you ever wonder about the warranty status of your apple devices? Worry no more! Just check out below article.
Here are the 5 EASY STEPS in checking your Apple Device’s Warranty Status.
Apple covers your device for a 1-year limited warranty and 90 days of Telephone Technical Support.
Take note that accidental damage is not covered but you may purchase AppleCare+ to give you additional technical support and repair coverage.
So, here’s the step-by-step guide on how to check your service and support coverage:
1. Go to Apple.com
2. Click menu ( = )
3. Select Support
4. Then look for ‘Find out about your coverage’.
Click ‘Check coverage for your product‘ → checkcoverage.apple.com
5. Enter your serial number and complete the CAPTCHA code, then click Continue.
(How to find your serial number?)
- iPhone/iPad: Go to Settings > General > About > Serial Number
- AirPods: Go to Settings > General > About > AirPods > Serial Number
- MacBook: Go to Apple Logo > About This Mac > Serial Number
But wait, here’s a quicker one. Just click the link below ↵ checkcoverage.apple.com
1.Valid Purchase Date
A validated purchase date lets Apple quickly find your product and provide the help you need.
2. Telephone Technical Support
You are eligible to purchase telephone technical support from an Apple Advisor if it is already expired.
3. Repairs and Service Coverage
Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple’s Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: MM/DD/YY.